Dramatic SFB: Age of PFs: Convoy 2252

Paul Graves paulgraves at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 20 15:33:22 PDT 2020

 I sent you and Matt a response last Friday to resolve our battle but didn't get a response.  Did you not receive it?  I'll copy it below.
----- Forwarded Message -----From: Paul Graves <paulgraves at sbcglobal.net>To: Matt <matt at mattnet.org>Cc: Gregory Flusche <shagrat1960 at gmail.com>Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020, 10:57:10 PM PDTSubject: Re: Age of PFs: Convoy 2252
Yeah Matt, I wasn’t criticizing your resolver. Frankly it’s great that there is an alternative to fighting it out. Understandably it’s too complicated to try to take into tactics like protecting a set of ships like the freighters.
I was just noting that it doesn’t make sense for me to choose the resolver vs playing it out if that’s how it would resolve. I stand to lose 45 EP for the scenario plus 60 I won’t gain. Apparently I’ll lose that no matter what without fighting it out so basically I’m trading an SC for for Greg’s SEC and SKA.
I don’t want to hold everyone up for what is likely to be a very long battle. So if it’s worth it to Greg to gain 45 EP by winning the scenario but lose over 200 EP worth of ships I’ll take the loss of the SC.
So running the simulator seems the best option.
Btw Matt at the risk of being a broken record I still can’t save results of non-auto resolved scenarios. Also I never heard back from you about my missing Gorn BC.
Paul.