Dramatic SFB: Rules and purchases

Roch Chartrand R.Chartrand at Videotron.qc.ca
Mon Dec 11 05:04:44 PST 2017

One module that I find very useful is G3 Master Annex.

Roch C.

From: SFBdrama [mailto:sfbdrama-bounces at lists.mattnet.org] On Behalf Of
Daniel Crispin via SFBdrama
Sent: 11 décembre 2017 00:07
To: SFBdrama
Subject: Dramatic SFB: Rules and purchases

Thanks for all the answers.

Matt:

I have glaced through module R and it looks like I have the vast majority of
modules:

Basic Set (Copyrights 1991)

Advanced Rules (Copyrights 1991)

C1

C2

C3

F1

J2

R2

R3

R4

R5

R6

R7

Y1

Regarding the ISC specific rules I had read them when I saw that the prices
in the database were not the same as on the SSDs and Master Ship Chart.

As for PPDs, I have not seen anything regarding them not being available
depending on date.  What I did read is that there is a limit to the number
of PPDs that can be deployed in a fleet.  From memory it’s something like
all the PPDs of the commanding ship plus 1 per additional ship (or something
similar).  I don’t have enough PPD ships yet to even come close to that
limit so when I do get more I will have to memorise the rule ;)

I do have a question regarding carrier uses and their escorts.  So I have a
table in the Annex (3A if memory serves) that shows the escort needed for
carriers.  I have not found any indication of what carriers that applies to.
So for instance, if I have a CVA with 24 fighters, is the escort needed
different than having a aux or support carrier with 6 fighters?  Seeems to
me the aux carrier would serve as a support vessel for a Dreadnaught or
Command cruiser, so it should not be forced to have a full escort of it’s
own.  But if it’s in the rules I did not see it.  What about Tugs with CVA
pods or Cruiser sized carriers?  If anyone knows what rules cover this,
please let me know.

So as for needed modules, I went through the list on one of the websites and
think these are the ones I should get:

Module C6: Lost empires for rules on the Pavarians and Carnivons

Module M: Marines for advanced ground combat rules

Module P6: The galactic Smorgasbord (not sure this is still valid info)

I did not see module C4 or C5 in the list, so if they exist I might want to
grab them too.

As for Space Monsters, they are listed in section SM.  As for control, I
think it makes little difference.  All monsters I have seen have pretty
specific rules regarding behaviour.  It would be easier for the opponent to
control them but he would have to respect the rules the monsters operate by,
so they might as well be automated for all the difference it would make.

Daniel

---