Dramatic SFB: Fwd: RE: New "Main" Campaign

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Sun Jan 24 15:01:10 PST 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	RE: Dramatic SFB: New "Main" Campaign
Date: 	Sun, 24 Jan 2021 16:00:46 -0500
From: 	Roch C <R.Chartrand at Videotron.qc.ca>
To: 	'Majead Farsi' <majeadfarsi at googlemail.com>
CC: 	sfbdrama-bounces at lists.mattnet.org

Gent,

I have played the FMJ campaign that Marcel was moderating, I did find
the restriction a bit too aggressive, I ended up a lot of time in lop
sided battle, a FF against a DD or 1 against 2.

I understand the need to balance encounter.  Movement cost is good, so
is a hard limit of quantity of ship specified in the scenario, we could
also go by BPV limits.  But one thing that these limits will never
account for is the level of the players involved in an encounter.  I
know that I need between 10% to 20% more Bpv to play against Frank in
order to see a victory.  I normal flavor defence because I know the
opponent have to come to me so I normally to better.

Anyway, I like to play SFB and I also like the setup Matt has.  So I
will continue to register to his campaign for as long as I a can!

Roch C.