Dramatic SFB: Ready to rock and roll

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Fri Apr 10 19:04:44 PDT 2020

> In the setup it states the tug will have "as many attached
> tug-appropriate cargo pods as it can carry".  For the Puma this is two
> pods.  However the victory conditions refer to the destruction of only
> a single cargo pod.  Should I assume both pods have to be destroyed or
> only one of the two?  Or possibly just restrict the tug to having only
> one pod?

The description is somewhat vague in order to accomodate those tugs that
can only carry one pod (i.e. Hydrans) or those that can carry two (i.e.
Klingons) or those that /must/ carry two (i.e. ISC). What the scenario
is attempting to reach for, is that there is no pod on the tug if they
can only carry one or that there is a pod already mounted on the tug in
a fashion as to allow the other to be attached directly.

If the tug can only carry one pod, then any mention of a second pod
[attached to the tug] is superfluous. Victory conditions to the effect
of two pods destroyed/disengaged, are ignored and either side can only
move the victory levels by one spot instead of two (due to pods. Other
means are still in effect.)