Dramatic SFB: Kronos T4 Encounters

Francois Lemay lemay.frank at rogers.com
Mon May 6 17:04:43 PDT 2019

 Gents,Josh and I got to end of T2 last Thursday night.Monster we're dealing with is a Mind Monster, very slow but a huge obstacle to go around none the less due to crew memory being wiped out at R5 or closer. Both sides keep a safe R6 distance to it !!Both sides start at WS 2.
T1,Peladines [DDL+ysab Dead Kennedys, DD+ysab Holiday in Cambodia, and DD+ysab Buzzbomb ]  move 15 then bump up to 21 on imp 21. No EW for any ship. A bit slower then KZintis due to needed power for 3rd turn arming for G torps and  to sabotize them. Kzintis move 26 all turn with DWL and DD using 2 ECCM as they seem to have extra power !
Imp 23 seems some ECM drones launched by Pels just in time to come on line on imp 27 when both fleets get to R15.
Imp 24 sees the Pels launch 6 G sabot torps. This prompts  a response of 4 speed 32 drones by DWL Red Comet.
Resulting Kzinti disruptive fire on 1.28 at R15 nets 9 damage on Pel DDL+ysab #1 after btty use to up ECCM to eliminate the 3 ECM Pel ships are hiding in.
Imp 31 sees 6 more G torp launches ensuring all fakes and real are now used. This also prompts another response of speed 32 drones from DW Dark Comet.
During all this, Pels get to R7 of Mind Monster and Kzintis  R6.Pels net 7 info with their 10 labs and Kzintis net 4 with their 6 labs.
T2,Both fleets are R6 to MM so the MM gets a wad of probe launches for information.Kzintis get 0 points while Pels launched only 2 probes for 40 points.End of T2 see Kzinti get a further 10 points for a total of 74 points towards the 200 point total required to find out what is up with the MM !Pels now have  69 points.Thing about using labs on the MM is we cannot use them on enemy seekers !! Kintis start at  29 slowing to 15 on imp 14.Pels move 26/25/24 during the turn.Kzinti fleet had to use their HET to outrun the 1st wave of sabot G torps.The  torps were allowed to hit at end of their run scoring 1 point each as they turned out to be real torps. DWy Dark Comet took 4 on #5 and DDy Pegasus took 2 on #5.Good news is the fake G torps are all used, bad news is the free Kzinti HET is used so next time this move is used, it will be at a risk !!
Kzinti fleet turns slowly around to re-engage the Pel fleet.At R22 on 2.29, Kzintis score another 2 points on Pel DDL #6.By now, the 8 speed 32 Kzinti drones have engaged the Pel  fleet. Four drones are phasered down, 4 are tractored for start of T3.
Fleet are R19 to each other with Kzinti #1 center lined to Pel #6 with the MM smack dab in between the fleets but closer to Pel fleet as the MM is seeking the Pel DDL+sab.!!
May not be till turn 6 before either side gets a chance to contact the MM.
Play to continue Tuesday night at 7 pm ET.
CheersFrank