Dramatic SFB: Torpedo Boat War battle report - Diplomatic Immunity

Marcel Trahan marcel.trahan91 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 18:00:23 PDT 2019

FWL Andraste was cruising around when we noticed an Orion SAL being
escorted by 2 Federation POL. we decided to load weapons and intercept them
before they could negociate an agrement. Our intention was to blow up those
POL out of the sky. But they saw us comming and were at high level of
readiness, The POL's and Andraste both started at WS 3.

Turn 1: Andraste went full speed ahead, doing 29 while the SAL and the
POL's went up to speed 16. On impulse 1, both POL's lauched each a shuttle.
As we were getting closer, on imp 10, both SP's blossomed, each launching 6
drones. With those drone going toward us at high speed, we dropped #1
sheild, transporting a TB in their path. The sneaky Feds took that chance
to fire 1 Ph-1 at range 15 and 1 Ph-1 at range 16, rolling a 2 and a 1,
doing 4 internals, causing the lost of 2 warps and 1 Ph-1. Due to a
maneouver error, we had to get near the TB, thus losing our ECM drone and
taking 10 damage to #2 sheild, but the TB took out the 12 drones targeted
on us. We kept closing on the POL's. On imp 24, we lauched 2 T-I-F targeted
on POL 52 while both POL launched each a drone toward us. On imp 29, we
tractored one of the drone at range 2 while killing the other one at range
3 with an ADD shot. On imp 31, we managed to get to range 8 of POL 52,
where we fired 2 OL-UIM Disr which both hits and 3 Ph-1 for 18 damage,
causing  7 internals, taking out 1 warp, 1 Ph-1 and 1 Drn-G. Sadly the UIM
burned out.

Turn 2: Due to damage, we went down to speed 27 while POL 51 went down to
13 and POL 52 to speed 6. The SAL doubled engines and went up to speed 31.
On imp 2, we turned to allow the 3 rear Ph-1 to bear, causing a poor 3
damage throught #4 down sheild of POL 52. There is some whipping expected
for that weapon crew., luckily, the damage took down its Photon. We also
launched 2 T-IV drones at POL 51. On imp 5, we launched a SP targeted on
POL 52. the SP had 2 T-IV and 2 T-I on it. The 2 drones launched on turn 1
got taken off by a TB dropped by POL 51. As the 2 other drones were closing
in, POL 52 fired 2 Ph-3, damaging both of them. On imp 14, the SP
blossomed. As Andraste was passing in front of POL 52, it fired its 2
remaining Ph-1 at range 2, causing 8 damage on Andraste #6 sheild. On imp
20, 2 of the SP's drones hit POL 52, causing 24 internals. On imp 21, the 2
remaining drones hit the poor POL 52, blowing it to pieces. Andraste kept
closing on POL 52. The 2 T-IV drones got to range 1 of POL 52, and were
taken out by 2 Ph-3. On imp 24, we closed to range 0, firing 3 Ph-1. doing
20 damage, causing 9 internals to POL 51, but missing the photon. On imp
25, POL 51 fired its 2 Ph-1 at us, at range 0, doing 16 damahe to #4
sheild. we used 1 btty to keep 1 sheild box. as we turned away, the POL 51,
turned toward us and manage a std photon hit at range 2, doing 8 damage. we
used the last 2 btty to reduced the damage, but the volley took down 1 disr
and 1 warp.

Turn 3:
Andrasted started the turn at range 2, doing speed 17/12. POL 51 did speed
12. On imp 1, Andraste launched 2 T-IV at the POL 51 while the POL fired 3
Ph-1 and 1 Ph-3 at us. He did score 20 damage to my #3 sheild. We had to
use 3 btty to reduce the damage, taking 1 internal which took down 1 Ph-1.
On the next impulse, we move foward, having the POL in our FA/RX arc, when
we fired 1 Ol Disr and 5 Ph-1, doing 30 damage to its #1, causing 4
internals. On imp 3, the POL turn to present a new sheild to the upcomming
drones wehre they hit for 48 damage, blowing it up. At that time, the SAl
was at 22 hexes and doing speed 31, so we decided to return home.

Andraste returned home with minimal damage, adding 2 starts to its hull for
the 2 killed Federation police ships. We expect a long glorious future to
Andraste.

Sadly, scenario is Federation Victory since we could not manage to stop the
SAL from disengaging.

Kronos out