Dramatic SFB: WoA

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 08:42:57 PST 2018

Ok also...after considering some things carefully. Matt's idea is that you
can win by eliminating the other guys borders.

Sounds reasonable. But does not actually work. If Matt and I are playing
against each other. Yes...I can eliminate his borders. This though is a
Pyrrhic Victory. In that I killed his border. Yeah me. And...I killed my
border. So in order to kill him I have to kill me. But wait...there are
other people who might? Kill his borders...and their own. And so he is now
gone and the rest of us are left. Assuming it works out where every other
person with borders with him kills his borders. If not...he never dies. And
since we each lost the same number of borders...how did this make me
better? Or improve my position in anyway. All it really did was reduce both
me and him against the other people. So there is no actual benefit from
doing this.

So the better answer becomes. What I am ending up doing to Justin. He is
getting hammered and cannot gain anything on my borders. Which means he is
constantly losing ground not just with me but every where. So killing
borders is not really useful except if you are losing constantly. Then you
want those borders gone to stop losing points when you lose a defense
fight. And to stop giving the enemy points if they win either type fight.

Anyway. I am wondering if the lose border concept is actually very useful
at all. Add borders? Yes. But lose a border hurts me as much as it hurts
him.

Just more thoughts.

Chuck