Dramatic SFB: Hydran Menage a Trois Orders

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Mon May 14 04:34:51 PDT 2018

> 1) Put caps of different types on more scenarios like the Convoy Raid
> so it's more likely both sides will have comparable fleets.

I suppose more scenarios could have caps on ships. In many cases, it
seems unreasonable to do so (it's just as likely to see an 11-ship fleet
as a single ship.) And then there is to consider what such a scenario
would look like in the early years or X-tech years.

> 2) Give more incentive to follow through on scenarios.  For example,
> perhaps if one side withdraws it costs half the fleet they sent.  Thus
> it's worth fighting it out more seriously and you may actually have a
> war of attrition.  As it is now I don't foresee how this game will
> ever end.  But maybe that's intentional?

I would very much like to give more incentive to fight out battles.
However, the other side is that someone isn't going to have as much fun
if they walk in knowing the other guy has a large advantage.

Many of the campaign iterations have been started with no defined exit
point. Even this one had a hazy destination of Y183-ish. Much of what
defines the end of this one is the full-on advent of X-ships (I don't
have the X-modules. So X-ship support is spotty, since some other
modules did add more X-ShIps.)