Dramatic SFB: Good News!

Boyd Steere boydsteere at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 07:23:41 PST 2018

The Territorial Marking Fleet returned to Kif Naval Depot after a three
month deployment to the Hegemony's border regions.

While the ships were mooring to the maintenance bays for upkeep and
resupply of their drone and hunting-animal stocks, Cheeth-Sub-Admiral was
summoned to the ducal estate of House Kif.  The topic of the briefing that
was given there was classified, but analysts working with chatter
surrounding the meeting concluded that it was related to the the recent
engagement with the whole of the available Federation fleet at the Organian
Treaty world of Oruus-IV.

Contacts in the Hegemony report that some members of the ducal court were
displeased at the loss of the system to the humans and their leaf-eating
allies.  Representatives of the Admirality were said to counter that the
Oruus system was officially Organian, not Kzinti territory because no
member of the nobility had yet set hindpaws on its soil, therefore no honor
was lost in failing to secure it from a larger enemy force.

Mirr-Speaker-to-Strangers of the Diplomatic Ministry submitted a subspace
brief from Kzin to argue that since both the ducal Admirality and Starfleet
Command independently described the engagement as a draw, no loss of face
was suffered.  Cheeth-Sub-Admiral's emergence from the estate after the
meeting via the family gate rather than a side entrance was interpreted as
meaning that the briefing satisfied the most influential members of House
Kif's nobility for now.

The Territorial Marking Fleet is ready to advance.