Dramatic SFB: Cargo Tug

david at jannke.com david at jannke.com
Sun Jan 21 19:15:12 PST 2018

The Barbarians, having struck a decisive blow by forcing the tug to stop and slightly delaying Tholian Amazon Prime shipments (yes those guys are really everywhere!) avoided a lemminglike dive into the web. This gave the Tholians a technical victory which we completely deny and we are ready to advance the turn.

My take on it was pretty simple: entering the web means probably never getting out given any reasonable web strength. If you allocate enough power to move your way out you aren't going to overload and reload phasers. I would probably have closed for a turn and allowed the web strength to rise in order to have a real exchange of fire but even with a two shift (and that is not exactly likely given the scout in the mix) phasers do an average of 60 points which is enough to rip most of the guns off of a D5, especially from the front. The OL DISR make sure the other D5 won't be a factor after return fire.

You pick up issues with the shuttles and tbombs deployed but get overloads which means you kick damage up to 93 points which definitely gets the tug (it can take 80-85) but that's it, the F5 doesn't get to shoot again because it's torn apart by P1s. Transporting a couple of tbombs in the hex and tug explosion damage won't be enough to even cripple the scout.

Don't worry - the WEBBUSTERS fleet is coming as soon as we can get the kinks out of the SFG, Mauler and like technologies.