Dramatic SFB: Tholian Cargo Tug, Klingon Raiders

Gregory Flusche shagrat1960 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 16:18:17 PST 2018

Captain Ernst Udet aboard his CC was bored and frustrated. Ordered to
escort a important convoy along the Great Gorn   Confederation border. When
the sensor tech aboard the FFE Rudolf Stark reported incoming ships. Warp
signature of 3,5 total of unknown ships.  A board captain Udet orders all
ships to arm all phasers and load the fighters on board the FFV. The Free
traders captains complained about the waste of power but complied after a
short dressing down.

A few minutes latter the Unknown Ships were resolved as 4 Gorn war ships. A
CS, CM, HDF and a HDS . Captain Udet Orders overload all QWTs and get them
fighters launched. Two of the fighters had already been launched earlier.
The Gorns moved straight toward the convoy. The Convoy of FTs turned away
from the Gorns as the warships in column formation with the CC Ernst Udet
in fron followed by the DW and FFE. The FFV   Otto shmidt  launching
fighters following behind all about 20,000 KM apart. (2 hexes) At range 16
the CC Ernist Udet unloaded 5 overloaded QWTs adding to that 1 fired by the
escorting fighter. Moments latter the DW and FFE launched 5 more overloaded
QWTs along with the other standard from the Fighter. With ten overloaded
QWTs coming there way the Gorns slid away to out run the overloads. The
Gorns replied by launching a R torp from the CS. The Paravian ships turned
off away from the Gorns. Five of the fighters chased after the retreating
Gorns. Fighter 1 caught  up with the FFE and landed aboard to be reloaded.
They then launched 8 more QWTs and then HET back toward the convoy. Fighter
6 failing to launch his QWTs, Screaming out he is having fire control
issues (some how i missed launching them)  End of turn 1

The Paravians continue to run away from the Gorn forces. The Free Traders
turning of there fire control for more power and started erratic maneuvers.
The Gorns used Probes to identify targets  of the Fighters QWTs and the CM
turned of while the other ships turned after the Convoy. The QWTs from the
fighters being standards finally caught  up with the CM reducing the rear
shield to a few boxes after some phaser reduction. At this time the Convoy
is running able to reach speed 20 for the Free Traders. The Gorns are about
22 from the nearest Free trader closer to the the 5 fighters and the MRS
launched from the CC. The Gorns have launched a lot of plasma at the end of
the turn. The Paravian warships have have just started turning back up
towards the Gorns. Having fired no QWTs at this time either none were
loaded are will now be held for more  power being available.

Action to cont... Monday around 6:30 eastern time. However Captain Udet is
confident that the convoy will escape the wraith of teh Gorns.