Dramatic SFB: Drone speeds and BPV

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Fri Dec 1 16:38:18 PST 2017

Hey guys. Thank you for the patience with the errors I've created in the
database.

As Boyd mentioned, he and I had a chat about this and it boiled down to
"Far too much effort to recalculate the database at this time." Right
now the database has 6,800 entries. roughly 3/4ths of them have drones
or some sort of fiddly refit like that (drone speeds of two or three
ways, sabot refits, fighters of several colors and flavors, fighter
drone speeds on top of that, ad nauseum.) The initial data entry took 3
or 4 months of time while unemployed. Unfortunately (in some respects),
I'm no longer unemployed.

I do intend to recalculate things at some future point, when I have my
Module G3 digitized. THAT project is about a third finished, and about
2,250 lines are finished at the moment. The data needed by the software
will roughly quadruple the entries that I start with.

All is not lost. I don't mind fixing errors in the database. Just not
the sort of large-scale errors that we are talking about. But I do
appreciate that you guys are hanging with my thumb-fingered data-entry
skills.