Dramatic SFB: Fwd: Early Voting Counts

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Tue Oct 17 21:55:28 PDT 2017

Alright. I've closed the last game and managed to do the database stuff
I needed to do for the next run. I still need to do scenario things, but
that will totally get it done some evening before the weekend.

On that note, I'm closing voting about the Era we will play in next.
Early voting and recent voting have been tabulated, and we have 15 votes
going for us:

1 W-era
3 EY and some secondary-preference votes
5 mid-war (continue where we left off)
4 GW era
2 Abstain

So it looks like we are picking up (largely) where we left off. The
Parameters of the game are going to be thus:

Y174 start year
4 turns per year
All players will start with an income of 60 EP per turn
No scenario will affect income. Those scenarios that used to affect
incomes will be made to add or remove EPs
Up to two players may play the same empire
Empires will be given starting borders with historical enemies
(sometimes a historical enemy is considered to be another player of the
same empire.) The alternative is to give empires borders only with those
races with similar weapons (Drones together, Plasma together, invaders
together, one-offs together.) I can still be swayed this direction, if
players want.

Empire picks that I've seen are thus:

Rob: Tholian, Hydran
Roch: Gorn, Fed, ISC
Greg: Paravian, Rom
Paul: Gorn Daniel: Gorn, ISC, Rom
Micheal: Carnivon
Steven: Josh:
Pat: 3rd-way Fed, Klingon
Glenn: Hydran, Lyran
Josh: Andro, Hydran, Feds
Nick: Lyran

I assume the rest of us will get our picks in now that we know what
environment we'll play in. I want to note that the Seltorians now have
their base hulls (the Home Galaxy ships) available as early as Y150
(that picked in relation to when the Tholians show up.)

For those who are mentioned above and don't want to change your empire
pick, it's time to log onto the website and indicate you are interested
in playing. I will come along and get you set up. The rest need to do
that and also get in your empire picks.