Dramatic SFB: Buying Star Fleet Battles material

Daniel Crispin calendyr at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 10 09:12:12 PST 2017

Hey guys,

last time I purchased a module for Star Fleet Battles was about 15 years ago.

So this week I went to the biggest hobby game store in town in the hopes of getting some of the modules I am missing

like the Ground Combat module, Pavarian and other races I am missing and so on.

They had a few items, all of them on liquidation, but none of what I needed.

I purchased Module Y1 (Early Years) that was open and missing some tokens for about 2$

Also purchased the Jindarian module for 5$

Got 2 Captain's Log for 2$ each

So... now I am not sure how to get the modules I need.

Do you guys order directly from Armadillo Design?  Or is there a good online store to get SFB material from?

I am not even sure what I am missing and what I really need.  Obviously all the new races are a must, and ground combat as well.

I think a fighter module came out, and would probably be a good idea to get.  I already have the PF module.

X-Ship module would be a good idea if we ever get to that era in the campaign, otherwise I am not a fan of X-Ships, I have the play test X-Ship module

and I think those ships are overpowered so I have never used them.  Maybe they balanced them out in the final release, not sure.

Finally, has anything been released for the ISC in the last few years?  Never played that race before and got some surprises I did not like when I started using them

like the fact their SSDs show systems that are not present at certain time periods like the back plasma launchers or Torpedo systems.  I find it pretty ridiculous

that the SSDs for the ISC did not follow the normal way of having Refits listed on them.  Anyway, this makes me think they might have corrected those oversights over

the years since the Doomsday edition came out.

So any suggestions welcome.

Daniel