Dramatic SFB: Campaign report for Summer of Y174

Daniel Crispin calendyr at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 9 20:03:05 PST 2017

The galactic News Network is pleased to keep you up to date on the activities inside and close  to the Interstellar Concordium.

On the Great Green Gorn border, four incidents took place this summer.  Rumours of a Gorn invasion, in violation of our peace treaty was supposed to take place a Corianna II and at our Fleet Repair facilities on Agreb IV.   Patrol ships were sent to bolster our defenses but no aggression took place.  The current theory points to foreign agents, perhaps from the Jindarian fleet or the Pavarian home world providing false information in the hopes of splitting our fleet and creating weaknesses in our defenses.

Still on the Gorn border, long range sensors have detected the presence of a space monster approaching a Gorn colony.  Intelligence also revealed a weakness in the Gorn intelligence network exposing some of their secrets at a close colony.  Since those two events do not threaten the peace towards the I.S.C. nor other civilizations, no actions were taken.

On the Pavarian border, a dilithium asteroid was spotted by the science directorate.  Our Flagship, the ISC DN-01 Peacemaker was on patrol in the area and collected the precious crystals.  These will be used to power the Warp engines of our ships currently under construction.  To the allegation that the Galactic Enforcers made an incursion in Pavarian space, the minister or defense said:  "The asteroid was floating in space, no where near any Pavarian planet.  No Pavarian mining crews were present, nor any Pavarian ships of any kind.  If the Pavarian wanted to make claim to the asteroid, they should have done so before we got there."

On the Jindarian border, the campaign to pacify the area has started.  An illegal base was captured by forces of the 101 Ground Assault Battalion.  Very little resistance was encountered.  A tug was also spoted in our territory carrying two cargo pods.  A small fleet of freighters was also spotted in our territory headed towards Jindarian space.  After deliberation with the Jindarian high command, the tug and it's escort were allowed to depart after assurances they were carrying food and clothing for a relief effort in a nearby asteroid field.  The freighters who were carrying contraband were ceased and their escort fled the scene before our patrol arrived.

Overall, the current political  landscape around I.S.C. territory looks as follow:

Gorn: Peace

Pavarian: Small tension due to defamatory comments from the Pavarian government

Jindarians: The 3 recent incidents are indicating an escalation towards a conflict.  We hope this can be resolved without bloodshed.

As always, GNN is happy to keep everyone informed.  Don't forget to subscribe to our news bulletins.  Coming next, will the crew of the Orville manage to beat the Romulan flu?