Dramatic SFB: GWO Turn 7

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Sat Aug 28 23:31:46 PDT 2021

> *Sector #1133 - Moderate Colony Raid:* Contact! HPS Champion, a heavy
> cruiser operating in local space to our colony reports a Jindarian
> vessel has entered The People's space and is refusing to answer hails.
> The Citizen Captain expects a battle. *Battle!*

"Drop out of high warp, Navigator." The captain of the light strike
cruiser /Taranto/ said.

"Aye sir. We have dropped out of high warp. Now traveling at warp three
point zero", the navigator replied smartly. Now that the main sensors
weren't addled by the energy required to travel so fast, other stations
around the bridge were reporting.

"270,000 miles from the Hydran colony." A gaseous planet with a green
atmosphere, rich in methane, hung in the display at the captain's elbow.

Fire control signals began to wash the metal-hulled Jindarian ship.
"Sir! Several orbital defenses are present. I see half a constellation
of defense satellites, a small commercial base, and a ship."

"Sir, the ship has the warp signature of a cruiser -- she appears to be
a command cruiser!"

"The base is hailing us. It's a system activity base, and we found our
target planet."

"Give her no reply" The captain said.

"The ship is speeding up, sir."

"So much for a quick in-and-out raid", the captain thought and then he
smiled. /Time to dance among the stars/.

***

I look forward to battling with your hellbore-heavy defenses. Can you
find some time this week? Sometime after 5pm Pacific?