Dramatic SFB: SFBdrama Digest, Vol 165, Issue 10

Don Lavanty emeketos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 22:54:52 PST 2021

It's a more traditional campaign with a 4E feel, frank is moderating so all
maps are hidden real fog of war here. Every player has their own map (which
is a piece of the map that only frank knows) there are 2 campaigns going at
the moment, the Western powers & Eastern powers on the west side our Kzinti
player had to drop out so we are hoping to get a replacement.

the map is set up as a warp lane model with systems connecting to up to 4
others possibly 6? there are 2 sections of the map the regular side which
has no ship restrictions and an "inner" side that is size class 4 only
although each fleet can be lead by 1 size class 3 ship. Monitors,
phaser-4's bases can not be built here.
ship movement is restricted to 1 system a turn although fast ships (DNL's,
CF's, FDX, etc) can move  2 systems
you can build Warp Gates (very expensive/slow to build) that allows travel
between 1 gate and another anywhere on the map.
each system has a variable income level but it can be boosted if your
empire falls behind
Ship Construction is Handled in Large, Medium & Small Construction dock's
with varying capacities and some ships will take multiple turns to complete
others not so much.

this is a very simplified view on the game and structure frank could
explain it more completely. I am having a blast in it he has done a
fantastic job setting it up with the player spreadsheets doing a great deal
of the work you need to do simplifying your work load.