Dramatic SFB: The New Full Metal Jacket campaign

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Mon Mar 29 17:48:34 PDT 2021

[ From Marcel ]

Hi Guys,

I am starting anew the Full Metal Jacket campaign using the newly
updated database. A whole new set of ships to use.

Rules will be similar to the previous campaign about ship deployment to
encourage more battles and discourage alliances. The new campaign will
allow _conjectural units_ (yepper) and i am currently fine tuning the
updated rules.

The game will tend toward smaller units early and will move toward
biggers one later on. S8.0 will be in full effect and flexible carrier
group rule will be used. Ship that list None cannot have escorts and
carriers that have the option of flying without escorts (ie Fed CVL) can
be fielded with or without escorts. Casual carriers are not affected.
There will be limitations on battle tugs.

The general races allowed are as follow:

Federation
Klingons
Romulans
Kzinti
Gorn
Tholian
Hydran
Lyrans
ISC
Jindarians
Vudar
Peladines
Pavarians
Carnivons

The optional races allowed are as follow (If selected year allows them)

Orion (restriction on opt mounts, single cartel, limitation on heavier
units)
Andro (restriction on heavier units)
WYN  (No captured units allowed unless really captured/given (KE4, KG2,
LDD, ZFF) but orion hulls allowed)
LDR (restrictions on income to compensate for their Ph-Gs)
Seltorians  (under home galaxy restriction until Y182)
Frax

There will be no duplicate races allowed until all the general races
have been selected unless some races have not been selected by any
players. I do hope to see them all. Historical enemies will be kept
where possible.

Each player will have to submit 4 races in preferred order and no
optional races may be selected in the first 3 selections. I will sort
out who gets what once all submissions have been received. There will be
no civil wars.

The new scenario victory rewards are better suited since most No Borders
result in a New Border, so, we don't lose borders too quickly as it was
happening before.

Starting date will be either Y160, Y162, Y165 or Y166 with 3 turns per
year.  I am tending toward Y162 but it might be Y160.

You can contact me at: marcel.trahan91 at gmail.com
<mailto:marcel.trahan91 at gmail.com>

Looking forward to your submissions.

Marcel