Dramatic SFB: GWO - T3 Encounter Report

Brent Stanton brentzkrieg39 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 07:47:12 PST 2021

The Emergency Committee for the Defense of the People's Front of Hydrax has
generated the following encounter report for general circulation through
the various committees, sub-committees, and sub-sub-committees.
Distribution of this report to our mortal enemies, the Hydraxian People's
Front or the Hydran Royalists is strictly prohibited.

*On the Barony's Battling Bastards front:*

*Sector #179 - Base Defense*: The DN HPS Astral Fury and her escorts have
confirmed the successful destruction of a Kzinti mobile base in sector
#179. The Citizen Admiral reports that our decadent foes fall before the
might of the people's hammer!* PFH Victory*

*Sector #180 - Listening Post:* With our forces on this border concentrated
for the base assault, no ships were available to gather intelligence from a
Kzinti listening post.
*BBB Victory*
*Sector #181 - Banshees:* HPS Superlative reported a swarm of Banshees en
route to a Barony star base, and the Citizen Captain has been re-tasked to
use her limited sensor suite to gather as much data on the creatures as
possible. Long range scans also indicate the presence of a BBB DW, perhaps
rushing to the aid of the doomed BS? *Battle!*

*On the Frontier Reprogrammable Ai 4X border:*

*Sector #194 - Convoy Raid:* Considering the antagonistic nature of our
neighboring species, the people's deployments committee has prioritized the
defense of our supply routes. An entire Destroyer squadron has been
assigned in escort of this large convoy to deter any aggression. *PFH
Victory*

*Sector #195 - Colony Raid:* As the People's Front of Hydrax has adopted a
defensive footing along this border at this time, no vessels were assigned
to raid a Frax colony. *Frax Victory*

*Sector #196 - Dilithium Crystal Asteroid: Encounter Dropped.*

*Along the Just Colonial Commission border:*

*Sector #197 - Terrain Defense with Ground Combat:* Corrupted stellar data
logs have rendered this sector a mystery to the people's planning and
construction committee, and as such they have requested a vessel be
deployed to survey it and fill the gap in our data. The people's
deployments committee has agreed to send a RN+, the HPS Tenacity, to survey
and occupy any valuable resources in the area. The Citizen Captain reports
repeated encountering the same suspiciously similar asteroid throughout the
sector, as if it were being followed...* Battle!*

*Sector #198 - Hostages:* Regrettably, reports of the Jindarian
"Anti-Transporter Field" and our deployment obligations elsewhere,
prevented the rescue of PFH hostages in this sector. Presumably, the miners
from the disastrous mining operations along this border in the previous
quarter. They will be remembered as heroes of the People's Front. *Jindarian
Victory*

*Sector #199 - Convoy Raid:* Considering the antagonistic nature of our
neighboring species, the people's deployments committee has prioritized the
defense of our supply routes. A pair of Destroyers have been assigned in
escort of this large convoy to deter any aggression. The Citizen Captain
reported a DW at long range, and has deployed fighters on CSP.* PFH
Overwhelming Force*

*On the Tall Enough border:*

*Sector #200 - Base Defense:* The people's deployments committee was in
agreement that the Barony's Battling Bastards represented a greater threat
to the continued existence of the PFH at this time, and declined to
concentrate sufficient forces on this front to assault a starbase. *Tall
Enough Victory*

*Sector #201 - Terrain Defense with Ground Combat: Encounter Dropped*

*Sector #202 - Convoy Raid:* The Citizen Captain aboard HPS Hardy has sent
a priority subspace dispatch indicating a large raiding force on an
intercept heading with the convoy. After a quick force balance estimation,
the Tall Enough Hydrans have the clear advantage, and the Citizen Captain
issued orders for the convoy and escorts to scatter and make best speed for
a friendly port. Regrettably, only the warships appear to have returned
safely. *Tall Enough Victory*

*Sector #203 - Colony Raid:* Despite the action occurring elsewhere along
this front, HPS Pinnacle reports all quiet at our colony in Sector #203. *PFH
Victory*

The Emergency Chairbeing for the Defense of the People's Front of Hydrax,

Brent

2 Battles this turn, vs Matt's Jindarians and Michael's Kzinti