Dramatic SFB: Fwd: AoPF - T13 - 2326 Planet Crusher - AAR

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Mon Oct 12 16:55:22 PDT 2020

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	AoPF - T13 - 2326 Planet Crusher - AAR
Date: 	Mon, 12 Oct 2020 16:26:18 -0400
From: 	Roch C <R.Chartrand at Videotron.qc.ca>
To: 	sfbdrama-bounces at lists.mattnet.org, Matt <matt at mattnet.org>

Planet Crusher (or the last Doomsday Machine) 2326 After Action Report

Stardate 98258.97

Captain of EFS Golan

Our patrol in sector 2326 near the Tholian Will border, on a heading of
055, at warp factor 3, was going smoothly, no activity to report from
our neighbour.  Crew was looking forward to the next shore leave at the
end of this patrol.  At chrono .54 tactical reported a strange reading
at bearing 065, the initial data showed a very large and diffuse energy
source moving very slowly.

The recognition system toke a long moment before suggesting a Planet
Crusher type entity, but after analyses of that data, we were able to
determine that something was wrong with the creature.  The assumption
that was retain was the creature was starving.  If it was the last
representative of the Doomsday Machine, as Decker call it in his report
53 year ago, something needed to be done to help it out, maybe valuable
information could be obtain from studying it.

Stellar cartography suggested that planet Class-M-2502, was uninhabited,
and in the thickness of the border line and could be suitable to sustain
the planet crusher.  Orders were given to alter our course and speed to
lead the planet crusher to this planet.  But as soon as we got to 40
hexK of the planet, tactical quickly reported contact at bearing 300,
and the tactical recognition system did not toke long to identify 4
Tholian ships: a NCA, 2 PC and CWS making their way to a position
between us and the planet.  Condition Orange was call and transmitted to
Kearsarge.

Paranoid and protective as they are, it did not take very long before
the Tholian hail us:

"This Commander Larskene of the THolian Will. You are in violation of
our territorial boundaries. State your intentions."

Our answer was as neutral as possible not to unnerved then further:

“We are guiding this staving entity to the nearby planet to feed.”

Larskene: "Don't you have a planet of your own that you could offer
this...machine?"

Golan: “Per our scan this one was the closest and uninhabited.”

Larskene: "Has the Earth Federation Front adopted genocide. Take it from
us, that never ends well."

Hmm, what are they thinking, this planet is a class-M it is totally not
suitable for them, and it is very debatable on which side of the border
it is.

Golan: “Whose genocide? According to EFF laws, the Doomsday machine is
conscience enough to be allow to live, and received all the help the
Front can lend.”

This decision may created an incident with the Will, but I can’t let
this creature be killed.  They have to understand that we are not
invading the Will with 2 ships!

Golan and Kearsarge fired one drone with a large interval as waring
shots, but the Tholian ships were still flying toward the planet, and
had setup a web in our path that we will need to go around.

With the new interval Golan and consort ships increase speed to pressure
the Tholian ship to veer away. But they kept their heading, and setup a
mine field near the planet.  With this action that have only the
purpose, to harm the Doomsday Machine, it’s with regrets that, we fire 6
photons set with proximity fuses at their largess ship, as expected the
shield was almost drop to nothing but no damage was score to the ship.
Guess they misunderstood that last warning shot, and it made them
angrier because they veer toward the Doomsday Machine and a second web
came up in such location that it was protecting the lead ship and slow
down the remaining drones.  A third web came up clearly in the path of
the Doomsday Machine.  Tactical pick up an unusually high power output
from the CWS, we were really puzzle, could the Tholian had pick up some
Orion tech, it will have to be investigated further.  But the main
concern was still opening up a path for the Doomsday Machine, we were
close enough to use out the 2 overloaded photons against the down
shield, a few internal was score.  The PFs have targeted one of the PC
but the torp completely went astray.  In order to turn tighter and
remain in the rear of the Tholian ships Golan and Kearsarge tractor the
PF.  Following this interval the Tholian ships just left, could the
energy power detected be major malfunction that requested immediate
attention, or a new transwarp technology.  We will have to closely
monitor the Tholian Will to find out, it could change the scale of power
on this side of the Front.

After clearing the mine field for the Doomsday Machine, it was able to
reach the planet and feed.  We clearly detected a positive power
fluctuation from the beast, and some empath sensible crew member
reported some feeling of gratitude and content.  The planet crusher was
name DooMac 167 for future reference.

Another mission that ended in success, and the shore leave will be welcome.

End of AAR