Dramatic SFB: Age of PFs - SPQR

Peter S. DiMitri pdimitri at verizon.net
Thu Aug 6 08:51:52 PDT 2020

To the Senate and People of Romulus, we report the following encounters with
our galactic neighbors:

Empire of the Sun - We are delighted to have made contact with our Romulan
brethren. It would appear that they have been in this sector longer than us,
and may have much to teach us about the diplomatic relations of the
quadrant.  We expect peaceful relations and much drinking of Romulan Ale!

Black Crow Paravians

Diplomatic Immunity #1788 - So far no contact has been made with the Black
Crow Paravians.  We certainly wish them no ill will at this point.  Unlike
some of our other neighbors - who shall be discussed later in this report -
they have shown no aggression to our Republic.  Our intention is to keep
relations peaceful unless the Paravians decide to provoke us.

Drewzarian Federation

Colony Raid #1850 - It would appear that Drewzarian Federation are a people
bent on war and conquest.  They have attacked colony #1850 with a very
substantial force.  We expect this battle to be a very bloody one, as they
outnumber us in total number of hulls.  We must hope that superior Romulan
tactics and technology can win the day.  We will report the outcome of this
battle when it is completed.

Space Boars #1851 - The Drewzarian Federation chose not to send ships to
this sector, so we were able get a number of Space Boar carcasses with
relative ease.  A victory for the Republic!

The Indomitable Will of the (Tholian)

Evacuate Observatory #1875 - It is not surprising that the Tholians in their
ruthlessness chose not to help with the evacuation of scientists within
their territory.  The Republic managed to save the day, despite the dangers
of the Heat Zone.  A victory for the Republic!

Terrain Defense with Ground Combat #1876 - Let there be no mistake that the
Tholians have declared what would seem to be all out war with the Republic.
They sent an overwhelming force to this sector, repeating their efforts from
last season where they attacked our colony unprovoked and lost 2 ships
because of their aggression.  It would appear that they are bent on the
destruction of the Republic, and we will have to take them seriously as an
enemy.  Sadly, we left this sector undefended, so it was a defeat for the
Republic.  The fact that they sent such a large percentage of their fleet is
worrisome, but can also be an indication that they fear to face us and need
overwhelming superiority in order to have courage.