Dramatic SFB: Campaign Rules

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Fri Jul 31 16:45:42 PDT 2020

The Age of PFs is about to cycle, pending some last-minute stuff from
some people.

One of those things is a rules change I would like to put forward. This
change would add a note to the die-roll chart near the back of the rules
to state that the attacker getting WS-I would instead get WS-II. Thus
the attacker cannot ever get WS-I except by some change to WS by a scenario.

An attacker without a scout would get WS-II half the time and WS-III
half the time. An attacker with a scout would get WS-II a third of the
time and WS-III two thirds of the time. (Attackers with scouts have the
same odds before the edit.)

Defenders still get WS-I a third of the time without the scout and
one-sixth of the time with a scout. This is slightly offset by the fact
that the defender sometimes is given a scout for free (MBs, BSCs, etc)
and also by the defender getting free units (and thus usually some free
guns.)