Dramatic SFB: TIWotTHiATaSW Encounter Report

Larry Stanton DaddyDragon at msn.com
Mon May 11 12:05:31 PDT 2020

On behalf of the The Holdfast, we present this intelligence briefing to inform The Will of our state’s edification regarding our encounter/interaction details within and adjacent to our borders, annexes, territories, and subjugated worlds.

On the Empire of the Sun Border:
Organian Treaty Colony #998
While escorting a sustainment mission near Sector #998, The Will encountered a substantial task force from the adjoining Empire, escorting some payload of unknown purpose but of obvious import. After taking some long-range scans, the escort commander allowed these "Romulans" to continue on their way. The data gathered will be analyzed by our intelligence service, and we will continue to build a profile of our new neighbors. Our initial encounter indicates that they may be as belligerent as Seltoran Separatists. (Withdraw – EotS Victory)

On the Earth Federation Front Border:
Banshees #1031
Long range monitoring stations reported an unusual confluence of interstellar biologics threatening one our "Federation” neighbor's colonies. Even though they were beyond our established border, Commander Arraxiss ordered his patrol vessel across the border to investigate and to be available to offer assistance and/or render aid. Diplomatic communications were established between EFS Lucien Bouchard and TWV Servitor and the encounter ended without hostilities. As our neighbor was diligent in assigning sufficient strength to curtail the threat to their colony world and after exchanging pleasantries (as well as gathering scans of both the creatures and our neighboring Empire’s vessel and operations), the commander returned to his assigned patrol route without further incident. Data obtained is currently under analysis. The diplomatic apparatus remains skeptical of our neighbors apparent congenial and polite nature and advises continued cautious restraint until such time as their true purpose and intentions can be established and validated. (Withdraw – EFF Victory)

Refit Raid #1032
This One proudly seeks to report that a systems mishap on one of our survey vessels has been successfully resolved. A temporary repair structure was dispatched to effect repairs and restore the ship to full operational status. Our EFF neighbor, who has once again displayed appropriate deference, passed near the area but did not otherwise intervene after being informed that no outside assistance was required at this time. This is the second civil encounter with this specific neighbor. We should remain wary of potential treachery and not lower our guard if we wish to avoid the tribulations we have already endured and suffered until such time as we are assured that such interactions will not bring doom to The Will or The Holdfast. (Tholian Victory)

On The Vibrant Venomous Border:
Prospecting Raid #1079
The stellar nation our intelligence apparatus has identified as 'Vudar' are apparently lawless, devoid of the capacity for civility, and have allowed some of their lawless subjects to intrude upon our border unchecked. This group’s attempt to harvest resources that have been rightfully and justly annexed by The Holdfast is a blatant display of the level of treachery displayed by the inhabitants of this regions of space. A task force was dispatched to eliminate this paramilitary scavenging force from our border. We therefore proudly proclaim that The Holdfast is secured on behalf of The Will. (Tholian Victory)

Convoy Raid #1080
Our forces shadowed the 'Vudar' convoy from our side of the established border, to ensure that our neighbor remains aware that we are also there, and to demonstrate was is expected of proper behaviour between interstellar polities. After guaranteeing that the inferior Vudar ships were not intent on violating our territory, the patrol commander returned to his assigned patrol route. (Withdraw – Vudar Victory)

On the Office of Frontier Security Border:
Fleet Repair Dock #1085
It pleases this One to report that nothing happened in Sector 1085 during this cycle. (Tholian Victory)

Border Defense #1086
All reports regarding the destruction of our base in Sector 1086 are patently false. No such base was established there. A rogue faction of Seltoran sympathizing journalists responsible for the propaganda broadcast have been apprehended, tried publicly, subjected to the full & fair justice of The Will, were subsequently convicted, and publicly executed for spreading scurrilous and seditious information. (Withdraw – OFS Victory)

This concludes the current cycles report for The Indomitable Will of the Tholian Holdfast, its Annexes, Territories, and Subjugated Worlds. Dissemination of the report without prior authority and consent of The Will is punishable by apprehension, trial, incarceration, and execution of all guilty parties, accomplices, and confederates. By compliance with these measures, The Will endures.