Dramatic SFB: AoPF Lyran encounters

Mike Johnson mdjohnson2112 at gmail.com
Sun May 10 14:55:07 PDT 2020

Unto His Majesty the King-Emperor of the Lyran empire does His loyal
subject send greetings!

Your Majesty, after a promising start to the campaign our neighbors have
begun sending larger forces against us.  Fleet expansion is underway to
meet this enhanced threat but we may be forced to retreat from some sectors
for the immediate future.

*Moray Eel#1073:*  Fleet Tug *Spot* encountered a terrible monster while
delivering supplies to a planet along the Federation border.  Thankfully no
Federation ships intervened and the monster was destroyed. *Lyran victory*

*Base Assault #1077:  *We received intelligence that the Vudar constructed
a base in this sector without our knowldedge or consent.  A task force
including the mauler *Furminator*, scout *Mister Snoofers*, and
police flagship *Hello Kitty *were sent to deal with this new threat.  We
found the base unescorted and unprepared for our attack and were able to
destroy it.  *Lyran victory*

*Planetary bombardment #1081:*  The Klingons assaulted one of our planets,
devastating it.  We suspect this may have been in retaliation for the
Planet Crusher incident several months ago.  *Lyran loss*

*Canisters #1083: *Long-range sensors detected some of those alien canister
we heard about and we dispatched our carrier force to investigate.  We
arrived before anyone else and recovered all of the canisters.  *Lyran
victory*

*Convoy Raid #1087:  *The battlecruiser *Mittens *was dispatched to
intercept a Kzinti supply convoy.  *Mitttens* reports the convoy is heavily
protected by an enemy battlecruiser, small carrier, and interceptors but
plans to engage them (we cannot show weakness before the Kzinti!).  This
will be the first test of our new Bobcat PFs in battle, we have high hopes
for them   *Battle*

*Terrain defense with Ground Combat  #1088:*  The hated Kzinti have sent a
medium cruiser to capture a mining and trade outpost in this sector.  We
have reinforced the post with ground forces and await confirmation of a
sucessful defense. *Battle*

I will dispatch an update when we know the fate of our flagship and of our
ground forces..

Your faithful servant,
Admiral Flufferton
Duke of the Catnip Duchy
Household motto *“The catnip must flow”*