Dramatic SFB: Age of PFs: Vudar

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Wed Jan 22 05:57:18 PST 2020

Wow.. I've got, like four encounters this turn!

Base Defense #396, Vudar defending against Klingons:

The Klingon reports that the Vudar were building up a Base Station in
the sector were true. Fortunately for them, they arrived before it was
an operational base station, and thus had only the defenses based around
a Mobile Base to deal with. With regret, the Vudar War Destroyer will
retreat in the face of the Klingon carrier group. Had the Klingons
arrived with ~90 more BPV, the base station with ISGs would likely have
made short work of the fighter group and their drones.

Terrain Defense #388, Federation defending against the Vudar:

With pleasure, the Vudar War Destroyer presses the attack against the
Federation commando cruiser. It appears to be a battle where each ship
is superior to the other in different arenas. Which aspect of the battle
will be the deciding one?

Colony Raid #378, Vudar defending against the Peladine:

Our reports were that the Peladine were going to execute a show of force
in order to cow the lizards into submission. They didn't show up here..

Colony Raid #374, Vudar defending against the Carnivons:

A Vudar command cruiser and scout defending a SAM and partial defsat
constellation against a CW squadron. The Vudar are under-BPV'd, but I'd
like to fight it out to see how things turn out.

Colony Raid #373, Vudar defending against the Carnivon:

The Carnivon decided to hit hard this turn. Here, they are attacking a
major colony with a DN, CW, and a pair of FFs. I'm over-BPV'd (again),
defending a BSC with a CWL and CW. I'd like to fight this one, too. I
don't think they will be able to pepper me with Death bolts, so will
have to come in to get skewered with Ion Cannons.