Dramatic SFB: Quick-play campaigns

Wayne Power wdpower at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 21 00:30:36 PDT 2019

 I would be fine with TBW ending, and when able to reset and restart client, then I would be keen to enter into one or more of these new Mini Campaigns.     On Sunday, 21 July 2019, 6:02:04 am AEST, Francois Lemay via SFBdrama <sfbdrama at lists.mattnet.org> wrote:

  Matt,I like your proposed campaign settings !All seem cool to play !Are you setting up the campaigns to be time zoned based for ease of battle resolutions ?
Also, is TBW dead ? Been a long while to resolve the Gorn/ISC FRD thingy although I've seen some emails re this issue ?Where are we at here ??
Its true that with fewer players, turns should move quicker  and battles as well.Thing is, its not the total number of players in a campaign that bogs it down,  its the lack of commitment from Admirals that bog down a campaign.
You have an Admiral that seldom reply to emails to resolve battles or go away on a vacation for a month or so and not tell anyone while he has 3-4 battles to resolve [ hiring of Captains is a good thing here ! ] figuring on doing them upon his return is simply a lack of communication and commitment IMHO.
Or an Admiral is losing so badly he goes dark without the courtesy of informing the GM he would like to drop etc. is simply not cool.
Or an Admiral who has nothing better to do and make assignment moves when he gets around to it or failing to hire or fly battles until something better comes along etc.
Playing Admirals in these groups need to be fair to all other Admirals in the campaign that want to play quickly.These slow moving uninterested players should realize this and simply not join a campaign until they are fully ready, able and willing to commit.
I for one would like to know who is playing in which campaign before I join in an effort to avoid these slow moving Admirals. Call me selfish, its ok !!
End of rant.
CheersFrank