Dramatic SFB: Lyran Vs Kzinti #1893 turn 1 through 2.7

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 19:07:27 PDT 2018

The continuing...but now ended saga of the Lyran attack on the innocent
free trader convoy.

As you recall we left the stalwart defenders trying to keep the evil
raiding piratical Lyrans off the civilian ships.

It was turn 2.7...the drones were being controlled and where possible moved
out of harms way. 8 didnt make it. on imp 17...a shield from the Cheetah
dropped and another t bomb came out...then he rolled one from his hatch on
the Cheetah.....17 more drones vanished....he closed towards my combat
ships that were still closing and putting pressure on him...he was running
C....we were running B....Sparkles lined up with my lead DD Nova at range 8
on his #3 shield. And Nova unloaded on him with 2 Disruptors and 4 phaser
ones...doing 17 damage to his 24 point #3 on imp 20. His ships did not move
on 21. On imp 21...the rest of my ships at range 9-15 unloaded all but two
disruptors...the two none fired were do to the fact that I had already
accumulated a few shock points on my FH frigs from firing both dis last
turn. We also tossed in 12 phaser ones....total damage was 27...now he took
17 internals through his #3...a Disruptor died...2 Phaser 3s right side and
a phaser 1 right side died as well as 5 FH, 3 RH a Bat...3 Imp and a Right
Warp.

  Because I was feeling really hung over...I announced to the Lyran that I
was launching 14 more drones his way to team up with the 14 still on the
board and a message that perhaps he should withdraw and nurse his wounds
before they became serious. (Which would also allow me to try and stop the
world from spinning and maybe get my head ache to go away. Not to mention
its hard to give orders kneeling in front of a toilet bowl.) Much to my
surprise...the Lyran Commander agreed and withdrew his ships.

Once Again the Mighty Chuckles de Duckles...Mercenary for hire has come
through for his Kzinti employers.

So ended the battle in the middle of nowhere.

It will not make the history books nor be used as a rallying cry. But...it
was another win for in the books for the Kzinti.

Signing off....Chuckles De Duc....(Barf....cough...cough...barf...)kles