Dramatic SFB: Does no one read any of my emails?

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Sat Jul 14 10:17:50 PDT 2018

> Now losing Ken...bring me 1 scenario closer to even. But I am still
> behind.

Generally when a player leaves, people don't lose borders. It's when a
player arrives that the borders change. The reason is twofold:

A) Losing borders do contribute to being pushed out of the campaign.
Unplanned (and apparently random) loss of borders can be crippling.
Whereas an unplanned gain of borders can be rectified after a few turns
and comes with very few negative issues.

B) From a Role-Play perspective, the sudden loss of an empire means the
neighbors quickly fill the void of territory and find that they are in
contact with other neighbors of the defunct nation. When a (previously
neutral / previously physically separated / etc.) nation joins, their
territory is tacked onto the edges of their new neighbors. The "map"
grows. This would happen if I were running the campaign as a 4X style of
campaign (and I have done just that in the past.)