Dramatic SFB: Hidden mines

TJ Hooker metaldog09 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 14:18:24 PDT 2018

 Not sure this is up for a vote, i don't really like hidden mines either.. that being said you have entered an established campaign where the rules were also established. The game interface does allow for accurate tracking and placement of the hidden mines from the shuttle bay and you can be sure that your opponent is being literally forced to place them via the interface so there is no room for error or "meta-gaming" (aka cheating). Your assertion you MUST now track every hex and every impulse is also simply untrue, having played and watched several scenarios I can tell you it is only relevant at certain times.

I personally like narrow salvos.. many do not. You used that rule, perhaps all of your opponents should let you know upfront that they wont be using it and would strongly prefer that you not use it either Ben? I would also lobby for energy balance due to damage... that we include that rule as well, as I like it, but then again, I entered an established campaign where I agreed, when I joined, to the rules, including the optional rules. I think the rules are available on the website the the admins are also readily available. Maybe just give it a try instead of walking in the door trying to change the campaign rules? Its not that bad.. :)