Dramatic SFB: POW POW Tech Sabotage #1253 Rome Vs Imperial Feds

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 13:36:52 PDT 2018

This turn has not been kind to Rome. Our under powered...under gunned
ships...have run into two buzz saws.

In this last Attempt to defend what is ours we were attacked by the
Imperial Terran Federation. Our peaceful research facility was minding its
on business when out of the depths of space came a lone Terran Destroyer
intent on theft.

Naturally our lone Battle Hawk, the Brave 3rd Legion accepted the challenge
and went to red alert. Having been worried about just this type of
incursion after receiving word of a similar unprovoked attack by the
Lyrans. We started at WS 2...the Fed came in at WS 3.

He charged us and we him...me at 14 having been idling around the planet at
speed 4. Him at 16. We closed to range 11 and I launched a Plasma G at him.
To hopefully convince him to abandon his aggression. Instead he accelerated
to 31 and dodged the torp.   I fired 4 phaser 1s into his number 3 doing 7
damage at range 12. Then on turn 1 near the end he shot the torp for 14
points of damge with 4 phaser 1s fired as phaser 3s. Then early in turn two
he turned into the torp and found out it was a pseudo.

He again closed on me at speed 16...and leaving me no choice...as I had
slightly increased speed to 15...I Launched two Plasma Gs at him. He worked
them to take them on his number two shield...shot the known real one with
two phaser 3s and did 8 damage to it. Then he took them and the second one
was a psuedo. So he took 16 damage to his number 2 shield. I fired 4
phasers again at range 8 to discourage him...and hit his number 6 for 9.
Instead of discouraging him...even though I was running 4 ECM...he turned
into me and accelerated to 27. He had gotten behind my front arc slightly
and I decided to turn and leave rather than face him knowing he would be
afraid of me dropping Bombs from my hatch. Little did I know that he was
not aware we were using hidden Bombs when dropped. So he charged right
after me closing the range. When he got near I mention the fact that I
could be dropping bombs as a ploy to remind him and hopefully get him to
break off. I then learned he had no idea..and was appalled that we would
use such a rule. We discussed it...and I offered to restart the game but he
declined.

He closed on me as I tried to lumber off...and got to range 3. I turn
directly away from him thinking this would cause him to break off. It
didnt. He closed to range 2 and took his alpha strike of 2 full overloaded
photons...2 standards...and the 2 phaser 1s he had in arc. Even though I
had upped my ECM and had 6 ECM so a +2 shift. Then he used a rule a I
really dislike...and fired the photons as a narrow salvo. All 4 of them.
And rolled a 3. Which barely was enough to hit. So there went 48 damage.
His phasers added 8 more. So 56 damage to a 25 point shield. Add in the 5
Armor...and he did 26 internals. It was ugly...he took out one G...3 phaser
as...my shuttle, transporter, one tractor...all hull...and the list goes on
including a scanner hit. I continued running...and he decided to stop
tempting fate and turned off...

I stated that I planned to Disengage...he said cya...and I moved off
repairing systems and trying to get out of being crippled. I had 25 boxes
other than armor and things like Scanners and such destroyed. CDR would
repair 4. If I could use Emergency damage repair...I could manage to become
no longer crippled. I needed just one more box. I am awaiting the high
commands decision to see if that would be allowed. Before considering this
sad day closed in Romulan History.

Anyway you look at it...Ben kicked my poor Hattle Hawks butt and won. The
only thing left is am I going home with a ship that can fight next
turn...or is it heading in to the ship yards for repair?

Chuck Emperor of Rome.