Dramatic SFB: Convoy Raid # 1136 between Rome and Admiral Kang

Charles Carroll mastrvran at gmail.com
Wed May 30 14:58:39 PDT 2018

So far we have played most of one turn. Had to stop for a question about my
KRC on impulse 31.

Early on...the Klingons turned and ran to the north(A). accompanied by the
herd of ECM drones that had been launched before we even started. My KRC
closed like the Devil it is...the Klingons on Impulse 2 launched a few
shuttles...who cares right. Well on impulse 11 as I watched them run
away...9 shuttles vomited forth a measly 53 drones followed by tractoring
and landing most of said shuttles since they were doing speed 6 and the
ships were at 12.

My KRC continued closing and being unable to see the other ships...they
being small and cowardly and hiding behind the wall of drones I decided to
head South and try to skirt the tsunami. I managed to keep in front of the
school of speed 20 drones. And slowly turned to rejoin my slower companion
who was being closed in upon by the ships which had come out from behind
the clouds finally.

Captain of the Snipe "Hides in deep water"...upon seeing Klingon ships gave
the order to Dive his speed 14 ship...and sank like a rock...but not out of
sight. He only managed to lose 4 traders who probably didn't even have
sensors. Something to do with range...speed and a lot of annoying ECCM.

As he plodded south towards my racing KRC running at 28...the Klingons
accelerated from speed 12 to 16 and slowly...ever so slowly...started
closing on him. The scout the Klingons had brought gave me OEW to help me
out...at least I think it was supposed to do that...it took a few impulses
until I managed to get beyond range 15 of him before I could see my screens
any more and figure out what information they had.

On Impulse 30 the forward sitting ships of his fleet...2 F5s and their F5
leader all fired at the rear of my slowly turning KRC and managed to hit me
at range 15 on my #4 with about everything the had. Well over half the
shots missed even though they had cleared my ECM with their ECCM...total
damage to hit my shields was as expected...small...10 points of shield
damage. No reinforcement was needed so none applied.

On Imp 31 I turned to direction B which brought my torpedoes on the left
side to bear and I launched an F and a G...toward the approaching ships. At
this point...Justin pointed out that according to the In game SSD...My KRC
was unable to fire the FA G. However my SSD showed clearly I could since
all the F and G torps are all LP/RP. At this point we called a halt till we
got clarification.

Frank admitted this morning to having made an error but swore he would
correct this in the future and to proceed with the correct Arcs...LP/RP.

Tonight we are supposed to continue this encounter probably around 11 EST
because of Justin being West Coast and work schedule.

Stay tuned for another exciting update as we proceed in this fun game and I
try to see his ships hiding behind the clouds of drones.

Will the Klingons ever manage to do any real damage? Will Captain "Hides in
deep water" ever actually hide? Will the Free Traders make it out alive
with their cargo??? Only "The Shadow" knows...and well...no one has seen
him around to ask.

Chuck
Legions of Rome