Dramatic SFB: Update on Hydran Hawkmen/Fraxian Convoy raid #737

Jarod Ikeda jarod.ikeda at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:38:39 PDT 2018

Hi everyone,

Quick update on this scenario.
Hydran has Count DDL, KN, HN, SR, total of 6 sting 2's, 4 free traders and
1 Orion (hidden)
Frax has 4 DW's and 1 DWS.

We rolled and both got WS II.

T1 Hydran Traders speed 9, ships speed 9, fighters speed 13.
All Frax start speed 15 with speed change up to 20 somewhere around imp 18
or 20 something.
Here is a shot of imp 1.1

Frax immediately turns south and launches drones and sp's.
Hydran scout starts breaking lockons, wiping out 2 or 3 sp's and some
drones.

All throughout turn Hydran fighters ships mowing down drones.  Some are MW
and blossom for 3 VI's.

Imp 1.25 - Frax take an r7 shot at the KN destroyer #2 shield with 4 std
disr, 4 ol disr, 4 p1's doing 30 pts 9 in.
All center hull, a control space and a P2.

Imp 1.28 Frax take a r6 shot at KN destroyer #2 shield with rear firing
stuff 4 std disr, 8 p1's doing 24 pts in, getting 1 HB, bunch of phasers
and power.

Hydran KN shoots 2 std HB's direct fire missing on 1.

Here is screen shot of after 1.28

T2 Hydran ships speed 19, fighters 13, freighters 15.

Frax all ships sp 15

Hydran continues to mow down all drones and MW's with gatling fire and
scout channels. Quite efficiently I might add.

Hydran Count DDL fires std HB r5 but rolls poorly and misses.

Hydran drops a tbomb in front of Frax fleet, and due to turn modes and
Fraxian movement gives frax fleet a r4 shot at down KN shield on imp 2.5.
Fraxian places 6 tbombs in front of itself as well.

Frax fire 8 std disr, 9 p1's into down shield, some with +1 but most with
no shift. Doing 46 in and exploding it after 29 in (a little overkill but
needed to be sure)
Explosion takes out 4 stinger 2's 12 pts to each ship with hunter taking 2
internals on its #3

Imp 2.6 Hydan ships turn to B giving r4 shot at HN down shield.

Frax fire 4 std disr and 3 P1's r4 at Hunter, doing 23 in. crippling it and
reducing engines to 6.

Screen shot of 2.6

Not much rest of t2.  Frax turns down and circles around.
Hydran takes a shot at the scout r8 for some shield damage if I recall.

Screen shot of end of t2 : Fraxian fleet turned around (scout on wrong side
but can fix that easily)
Hydran freighters at very long range, Hyd fleet at about r17, 2 sting 2's
right in the way along with a lot of admin shuttles.

Turn 3:
Hydran ships speed 19 (HN at 15), freighters at 20.
Frax ships all speed 28

Frax ships walk a tightrope trying to kill the 2 stinger 2's that HET into
them and mindful of possible tbombs rolled out of hatches from ships.
Take some damage from sting 2 r3 shot. I think about 7 or 9.  Some r4 shots
from admin shuttles do more shield damage.

End turn looks like this, with closest freighter r23, ships r17, Hunter
disengaged by acceleration.

T4 will continue when we can get together again.

Thanks Sumo for a fun game and being understanding of my usual "forgot to
speed change" and other gaffs.

Sleepy cat (Fraxian empire)