Dramatic SFB: Tholian Battles

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Sat Apr 14 22:45:53 PDT 2018

Cargo Tug #726

The Fast Dreadnaught "Gojira" raised her head and let out a primal
scream at the approaching Tholian Tug. As the local sector commander
couldn't spare a squadron escort for her when she left the shipper, the
fast raider was able to take down her prey with relative ease.

Convoy Raid #760

This convoy, however, did warrant a squadron escort. Not only were they
passing close to an area known to be rife with Andromedan raids, but
they were carrying Tholian potables. (Romulan Ale tended to evaporate
before consumption could occur. Not to say that it failed to make a hit
at any party it was served: Instead it was often a parlor trick used to
break the ice as the evaporated volatile elements made an interesting
display. Contrariwise, Tholian drinks tended to be solids at the
temperatures that the other starfaring races found comfortable.)

Technology Sabotage #772

At the edge of detection of the destroyer-scout, a pair of Tholian
cruisers and a frigate scout are inbound. This against a pair of war
cruisers, a pair of police cutters, and the aforementioned scout. The
Klingons have more BPV and a better scout, but the Tholians have more
punch if they can get the ECM out of the way.

I'll need someone to captain this for me.

Dragon Attack #773

A pair of cruisers and a scout against dragon youngling. I expect the
Klingon will want to retreat in order to keep his E4J from being
crippled outright.

The Vudar Border

As quiet as these two empires have been, you'd think there was some sort
of alliance going on. Knowing the Tholians, it was probably phrased as
"Go fight someone else and I'll leave you alone."

Listening Post #809

A Peladine police cutter against three portable power plants -- err,
armed power -- ugh, large armed web-spinning freighters. This seems like
almost a fair fight. The real kicker will be if the POL can chase down
one or more of the freighters before they can ring the listening post.
Once that happens, the POL won't be able to get close to it.

Organian Treaty Colony #810

This is a real fight. Two Tholian destroyer squadrons and a cruiser
against a Peladine cruiser, war cruiser, and war destroyer. The Tholians
have an aweful lot of ships, but the Peladine have some bigger plasma to
toss around.

I'll need a captain for this fight also.

Space Boars #811

A Tholian destroyer squadron against a Peladine destroyer and war
destroyer. BPV-wise, the Peladine are outclassed. But you never know:
they might think they have a shot at it.