Dramatic SFB: End of turn, and campaign for me

Daniel Crispin calendyr at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:01:50 PST 2018

Ok so I just completed the turn.

I will be retiring from this campaign.  There is just no way I can beat the QWTs.  I have tried everything and nothing is working.  When a race have PPDs on every ship and that those PPDs can fire every turn, it makes for an unbeatable race.  In the last scenario I played I was facing 22-40 torps per turn at range 13+ if I accept to loose a ship to dive through it (can't jam those things, ECM is useless against them) at it takes 17 points of phaser damage to remove 1 torp...  Then when I get in weapons range I will be facing an other wave of 22+ torps.  There is just no way to win against it unless you have overwhelming force, but then the battle won't happen... will it?

You can do what you want, it's your campaign, but allowing races like the Pavarians and Frax to be playable, it not really fair.  These races are overpowered at equal BPV, I see no reason no to stick to the original races that were very balanced against one an other.

Anyway, have fun guys!

Calendyr