Dramatic SFB: Barbarians

david at jannke.com david at jannke.com
Wed Feb 28 09:20:52 PST 2018

Planet Crusher #497:  Our peaceful scientific expedition will observe the Hydran Hawkmen brutal slaughter of a harmless endangered species from a greater distance. (Retreat from overwhelming force)

Deathstar #507: Oh, yeah. It is a Deathstar. (Retreat from overwhelming force) I find it interesting that had anyone fielded a ship to the other two Deathstars they would have won by default because their opponents probably can't command the defenses with destroyers. "Note that if the [defending] player cannot field a ship that has a command rating equal to or in excess of that required to command the defenses [7], they automatically lose this scenario by virtue of not having a mobile unit present. " I guess the autoresolves mean you get the points despite the lack of command rating but wow, that was taking a chance.

Base #468: Hawkmen KN+, SC, MB vs Barbarian D5, 2xG2, E4J - I'm up to fight it out and feel good about my chances. I have overwhelming force by BPV but my force is a rather underwhelming overwhelming. You up for this one Glenn?

Convoy Raid #504: Tholian 2 x CA, SC vs. Barbarian 3 x F5B, 1 F5K and a F5S + Convoy. I'm up for this. Those CAs are tough and F5s are not but I've got a matching scout so it's 2 on 1. Best of all, he can't web up this time. Let me know on timing Matthew. Friday and Monday nights are out, Saturday might be tricky but is possible.

My others autoresolve.