Dramatic SFB: Kzinti Territorial Marking Fleet

Boyd Steere boydsteere at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 11:24:29 PST 2018

Shore leave is the order for the officers and crew of most of the
Territorial Marking Fleet, with over two thirds of its tonnage assigned to
drydock at Hero's Dewclaw Naval Yards for major refits.  The decision to
upgrade the fleet came at the cost of an opportunity to launch a major
offensive against our rival Kzinti House.  But the new C-racks will allow a
50% increase in drone launch rate for greater firepower in future
engagements, and the expanded magazines of the B-racks and the ADD-12's
will provide more staying power on the field.

*Dilithium Crystal Asteroid #339 *
Not every crew member is enjoying hunting parks and carousing on Kzin.  The
command cruiser *Carotid Tooth* is dispatched to raid an asteroid belt in
Lyran space after SIGINT decrypts chatter between civilian prospecting
ships regarding a newly-discovered source of dilithium crystals there.
Upon arrival, long range sensors detect warp engine signatures consistent
with an enemy Alley Cat class war-destroyer.  It's clear that our old foe
is outmatched this day, and the order is given to take the dilithium
crystals by force.