Dramatic SFB: SFBOL Campaign

Roch C R.Chartrand at Videotron.qc.ca
Mon Feb 21 12:59:36 PST 2022

Fellow Players,

I am involved in 4 campaigns, 1 full scale 4X call Above & Beyond (A&B)
mastered by Frank.  3 are under the Dramatic format offer by Matt, but they
seem to have defunct due to RL weight of their controller.  So my fly time
has drop drastically since last December and I would like to change this
situation.

I want to fly and I really think a campaign of some form or another is best
to enjoy encounters because it give them a certain narrative.

I'm working on two options:

1.	A small scale 4X campaign for 6 players using 6 of the classics
races.  For this I have dusted my many past campaign homemade rules and
working on a mash version in English to propose to you guys in a few weeks.
I have the base of the rule made in French, so translation is in process.  I
wish this campaign to be without GM so it need to be open.  One way I see to
go forward with this is to meet all the players involved once per turn on
SFBOL to do all the strategic activities, then go on our separate way to
complete the encounter generated.  There would be no year set to the
campaign, so all the tech would be available except the X-Ships and the
weird stuff that came out of SSJ or CaptLogs.
2.	On a parallel course I have obtained, from Matt, the privilege of
creating a campaign using his Web base Dramatic system.  I'm will
familiarize myself with this tool and probably propose some guide lines for
the various scenario found there.

Because I want to fly and my availability is mostly in the week day evenings
(Sunday to Friday around 18h45 EST), I'm looking for players that have
similar availability and can commit for minimum of 2 evenings a week.

This email is meant to probe your interest and preference between the two
options propose above.  Let me know what you think and you may distribute
this email to your playing groups.

Cheers!

Roch Chartrand

Gatineau, QC