Dramatic SFB: GWO latest turn

Gregory Flusche shagrat1960 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 19:56:38 PDT 2021

Battle report:

The Seltorian Tribunal 13 sent 2 CAs a DD and CMD to take over a mining
facility in sector 683. The Kzinti sent a BC and 2 CM loaded with some of
the newest drones. They were carrying extra marines on board. Complete with
some Heavy weapons squads. The Kzinti are no slouch at hand to hand combat.
Their ships are dangerous as well.

However they were caught at WS-1 just had energized phasers and no Scatter
packs loaded. While the Tribunal was fully armed and ready to go.

The whole battle being in an asteroid field was in the Bugs favor.  The
Bugs moved in at speed 11 dropping shuttles and tractoring them to keep
them close. The kzinti moved 14 arming weapons. At range 15  on imp12 the
asteroids cleared out and a clean shot was fired at the flank shields on
the Kzinti. With no shift for EW the 10 PCs were fired. A shocking 9 out of
10 hit. dropping the no3 on the BC. On imp 13 the Bugs fired all bearing
phasers from the CAs and DD. The gunnery was again amazing. The BC was
missing a Disr heavy phaser and power. The Kzinti turned in toward
the Bugs. The Tribunal  forces slowed to speed 6. launching more shuttles.

This kept the range open as the Kzinti closed. The Kzinti launched 9 of
their new high warp drones (speed 32) The bugs turned into the asteroids.
But would not be in time to evade the drones hitting before attrition from
asteroids. Still the bugs chanced lady luck and fired 10 PCs second shot
overloaded range 5 and hit with 6  36 dropping the BCs front shield. The
firing of the Shield crackers right before aided in that. The follow up of
the right side phasers gutted the BC it did fire back taking down half of
the no2 on the CA chase. Firing all remaining phasers and the escorting
shuttles took out the drones. As the Bugs slid deeper into the asteroids.
The Kzinti turned off leaving the ground troops to hold the asteroid.

However there were just too many bugs. The cats fought as Cats do but were
overwhelmed. Their names will not be forgotten.

This closed the remaining border with the Cats,,, It is a sad day. I like
playing vs Him.  Was a fun battle.