Dramatic SFB: Omega Campaign

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Thu Jun 3 16:53:58 PDT 2021

Well, folks. With summer coming on, I think this is a good time to start
up a campaign to run alongside the two we've already got going. I made
promises last year that I would run the Omegas, if someone were to get
me the modules and a couple of champs had pulled through.

So here we are. I don't expect many people to be interested, but I'd
like to see how many I can pull in. I have some notions of what I'd like
to do, but I'd certainly be willing to modify what I ultimately set up.
So here's what I've got:

I've only got the first three Omega modules. This means things like the
Branthadon are out of the mix. Also things like the Omega's version of PFs.

I think I like a start-year of somewhere between Y100 and Y130. No given
year will give you all of the empire-choices: that's one aspect of the
Omegas that differs with the Alphas. However, this allows most of the
ships for the empires that exist at this time. Those empires are:

Alunda, Chlorophon, Drex, Hivers, Iridani, Koligahr, Loriyill (at a
basic level), Maesron, Probr, Sigvirion, Trobrin, Vari (at a basic
level), Ymatrian (at the mid-Y120s)

A couple of variations are available:

We could go for a late-year variant. Allow the Souldra, Andromedans, and
Paravians, but drop a couple of empires from the previous list.

We could go for some pre-Y120 start year and jack up the turns-per year
(effectively freezing the technology advancement.) Then allow Alpha and
Omega to mix. This means the early-years Alpha vs the equivilent to
middle-years Omega. There are going to be a couple of good matchups, but
our inexperience with Omega (mine too), will make it fairly random.

Thoughts, Gents?