Dramatic SFB: GWO squad

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Mon May 31 07:07:28 PDT 2021

> The DNL can have one fast ship total (a CF) with it on raids
> (operating as fast ship raiders squad)?
>
> A squad can be two CWF (operating as fast ship raiders), my
> understanding is there can be a maximum of two fast ships in a
> squadron for raids?

My guidance on fast ships stems from (S8.316) and (S8.334). Both state
that fast ships (carriers and size-class-2 ships, respectively) can
operate alone or be accompanied by other fast ships. If they are
accompanied by non-fast ships, then they are required to have any
escorts or consorts that the rules normally require of that ship (e.g.
the 3-consort setup of (S8.331) or normal carrier escorts.) However, see
(S8.57) for forces not composed of all-fast ships.