Dramatic SFB: Flexible Escorts

Marcel Trahan marcel.trahan91 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 22 07:37:37 PST 2021

Hi Matt,

I have a concern regarding some ships that carry fighters but the ship
description specified that they never had any escorts.

For example, the Romulan SUP-A/K never had any escorts assigned to it. Most
FFV and Police carriers fall under that rule as well. Should they be
treated as casual carriers?

The same issue can be raised for some SRV that may have escorts but are not
mandatory required to do so. The same thing is valid for Federation Heavy
Fighter carriers and scout carriers where the escorts are not mandatory.
Most FFV don't require escorts even if they carry 6 fighters,

BB's have fighters (6 to 8 fighters) but do not require escorts.

G3A lists all carriers with their escorts and specifies when they are
required and if they can be dismissed. I think this is also shown in F&E
but i am not sure. I think the ship description or G3A should be used to
define if escorts are required. Then, the flexible carrier group should be
used.

Marcel