Dramatic SFB: Jindarian Bomber dates

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Sun Dec 20 09:09:16 PST 2020

> Just out of curiosity…. Why does it have to be “their way”?
>
> Just have a note in the special rules mentioning the change and go
> with it.

ADB is (effectively) our standards body for SFB. I could go against the
grain and not be "standards compliant" with my data. In some cases,
where the rules are indeterminate or that it creates an unworkable
situation for the chosen campaign format, I have done exactly that. Such
as "creating" an Andromedan that operates under the tug-pod rules.

However, that creates problems if the data strays too far from what is
published. For one, people will look at their paper copies, expecting
one thing and get something else. That makes it hard to plan your
campaign strategy over the course of several turns. Another reason it
creates problems is that it creates a different balance than what ADB
has engineered into SFB (for good or for ill. Some people don't think
ADB should have done fighters at all.)