Dramatic SFB: Carnivon Carriers and Escorts

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Mon Jun 1 18:29:45 PDT 2020

> I see , we should of all perhaps looked at what ships and units were
> available to the empires before choosing one for the campaign.

One should always analyze what is available to your empire before
picking it.

For example, I knew that the Vudar had nothing larger than a CC before
this campaign. This leaves them short of firepower in a stand-up fight
against a 12-ship dreadnaught-led opponent. However, I know that most
battles are at the squadron-level and most players eschew the large
fleets unless making a bid for overwhelming force.

What's in the campaign dataset had been posted in the campaign rules. At
the time I generated the dataset, I used only those modules I had
on-hand, which is (in my humble opinion) pretty extensive.

The fact that the Carnivons have no carriers in SFBOnline, is entirely a
different matter and should have no bearing on the campaign. As you see
unfolding before you, requests were made for the units to be added and
they are being implemented. I'm to blame for the lack of Carnivon ships,
since I was the one who generated them. Sorry folks.