Dramatic SFB: AoPF Turn 9 Battle report

Wayne Power wdpower at yahoo.com.au
Wed Jun 3 06:16:49 PDT 2020

Transmitted to Magistrorum Militum Peladine HQHeavy Escort Squadron Commander Captain Ekron encounter report,  Area 1179 Peladine/Hydran border Y181,The encounter is taking place close to the Hydran/Peladine border, limiting the Peladine Convoys direction for disengagement and chances of help from another Peladine Squadron. It is tasked that our squadron defend the Convoy.
As fortune would have it our Squadron the DW "Ekron", DW "Sutu" (2 SKT), DD "Senusret" (2 SKT), and DWS "Edgard' (2 SKT) was caught out unprepared for immediate battle (WS 1). The Hydran Carrier Squadron with DA "Follower" and four fighter Squads in the lead, with the UH "Succession War", DDS "Warning", and GENs "Administrator", "Constable", and "Protector" following behind (WS 3) moving at speed in toward the rear of our Freighter Convoy (the Convoy carries emergency surplices, missioned to planet "Locrian").
The Freighters, "Feudal", "Armagnac", "Cilician", "Samogitian", and the "Komnenan" keep the same heading for a number of pulses and then all change heading, moving again away from Hydran advance, the Peladine Squadron turned and hooked around to be heading straight (E) toward the flank of the Hydran forces heading (C). A blaze of long range Phaser-G fire (96 ph-3) takes down the F-S "Cacilian" shield 6, and knocking out both warp engines. The forces continue to close toward one another, the Hydran angling in on the rear of the Freighter column, and the Peladine closing on toward Hydran ships/fighters. On the last impulse of the turn (a technical fault delays the Peladine scout "Edgard" EW power from helping defend the DD "Senusret"), the Hydran fighters split their Helbore, Fusion and Phaser fire between the DW "Sutu", and DD "Senusret" (10 Helbores were detected from fighters belonging to the Carrier UH "Succession War"). Plasma Fs are launched from half of the SKT Interceptors.
Damage report from DW "Sutu" Captain Odent  (… Commander sir...shield 1 down internals are minimal, plasma still available.. continuing attack as planed...), Damage report from Captain Gorm of DD "Senusret" (shield 1 down plasma intact... Commander..giving help to the "Cacilian" ..will launch and turn  toward...)
Captain Ekron notes that the Hydran fighters are very effective, the Hydran carrier has many of them, as do the escorts.
..Engine room, give me all the energy you got, Weapons Officer, continue loading plasma Gs, all Captains proceed as planed...