Dramatic SFB: Age of PFs: Vudar Victims Vie with Villains

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Sun May 10 13:31:25 PDT 2020

At sector #1034, we received reports that the Federation's banana
pudding factory was cleverly hidden inside a nebula. Having no need to
further our supplies of the awful stuff, nor to further demoralize them
by striking at their beloved foodstuff, we merely continued to monitor
their efforts.

The colony of #1049 is a moderately-sized bastion for us. Our spy
network inside the Carnivon empire had gotten word that they intended to
dispatch a dreadnaught to capture it. We sent our heaviest squadron to
bolster our populace, only to discover the dreadnaught was escorted by a
reinforced war cruiser squadron. We will stand and defend our interests
against the invasion. --Battle--

Our convoy travelling through sector #1064 had a minor breakdown of
their warp drive cooling coils near Federation space. Our war cruiser
squadron was in escort for the first few legs of the trip, but then was
diverted to dispatch a marauding Planet Crusher. The convoy seemed to
arouse no interest in our neighbors, despite being largely uncovered at
a critical time.

A Federation Fleet Repair Dock was detected in sector #1065. We sent a
scout to determine the reason for such a valuable piece of
infrastructure to be so close to our borders, only to find a minelayer
defending it and a frigate being repaired. The scout's captain was very
tempted to go against orders and attempt to rid the Federation of such a
lightly-defended item. In the end, he decided to simply observe and
report. It's likely that the Federation will move such an important unit
away from our border, now that we've made such an obvious statement.
--Retreat--

We detected a small collection of strange technology in sector #1066,
and sent a war cruiser squadron to investigate. Very quickly, our forces
realized that our neighbors had sent one of their largest and most
important carriers to the same area. Unfortunately, we simply don't have
the firepower to deal with such a large force. --Retreat--

The Klingons apparently attempted to mirror the Federation's move of
sending an FRD near our border but to sector #1076. Unlike the
Federation, the Klingons are not subtle enough to understand the implied
message of sending a scout to counter their move. We see the threat of
their presence on our border and will prepare for their upcoming attack.

We had begun setting up a small monitoring station on the Lyran border
in sector #1077. They sent a small scouting force that was easily able
to overwhelm such a minor station. This will have a detrimental affect
on our ability to maintain contact with them.

In sector #1079, the Tholians attacked and shut down a peaceful mining
operation. We aren't silly enough to send warships to chase after
Tholians in an asteroid field, so the civilians simply abandoned the
rich field.

Our convoy was ambushed by the Tholians in sector #1080. A Tholian
destroyer squadron attacked a like-sized war destroyer squadron running
escort. We will see how the unblooded Tholians will fare against our
experienced crews. --Battle--

So I'm looking for time for battles with Majead and Lars.