Dramatic SFB: Dramatic SFB AoPF Campaign report - Lyran Empire

Mike Johnson mdjohnson2112 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 05:33:35 PDT 2020

Unto His Majesty the King-Emperor of the Lyran empire does His loyal
subject send greetings!

Majesty, since the day of your inspired decision to create a fifth duchy
with myself  as Duke I have wasted no time.  The reaction force you bid me
to create has been assembled and already dispatched to address the areas of
greatest concern along our borders.  As you will note in the detailed
report the reaction force, while impressive, will need to be expanded to
cover the entire border.  If I may be so bold to suggest that the various
counties benefitting from my duchy’s efforts make a contribution in kind?

And now, with your leave, I offer my report on recent activity along our
borders:

*Dragon Attack #796:*  Due to a navigational anomaly one of our ships
arrived in a system controlled by our Federation neighbors.  It observed
several space dragons ravaging a planet before immediately returning to its
assigned sector.  It is unknown whether their presence was noticed, no
Federation ships were on the scene but they could have been out of range of
our sensors.  If our ship was detected we may be blamed for the dragon
attack.  We must increase our vigilance along the Federation border. *Lyran
victory*

*Technology Sabotage #800:  *We received intelligence that the Vudar were
planning to kidnap several key scientific personnel and their equipment.
There were no combat ships available but we did send a Rakazan of troops to
protect the personnel against abduction.  No kidnap attempt was made and
the Rakazan has returned to its home base.  *Lyran victory*

*Colony Raid #801:*  A border colony reported "suspicious activity" by
nearby Vudar.  No ships were available to investigate but nothing untoward
has occured to the colony.  *Lyran victory*

*Planet Crusher #802: *This monster was successfully diverted to a Klingon
system by the valiant crew of the DWS *Mister Snoofers.*  The Klingons were
unprepared to repel the monster and it destroyed one of their planets (as
we anticipated, the expected condolences have been communicated).  Our next
step is to exploit this catastrophe to foment rebellion among Klingon
subject races.  The cover story for the presence of our ship is that the
scout was gathering intel to help us deal with our own Planet Crusher.  If
the Klingons figure out our real plans we will have a serious conflict on
our hands.  We should consider taking the initiative soon and go on the
offensive to control where and when our forces meet.  *Lyran victory*

*Planet Crusher #803:  *The FLG *Hello Kitty* was able to destroy the
monster unaided.  No damage to Lyran assets planetside.  We have offered
scientific information gathered during the encounter to the Klingons to aid
them should a Planet Crusher attack another of their systems.   *Lyran
victory*

*Cargo Tug #804:*  The Klingons are engaged in their own nefarious
activities.  A tug carrying  critical components needed to refit and expand
our reaction force has been intercepted by a group of their frigates.  We
did not want to draw attention to this shipment and so had only dispatched
a second tug to share the load and speed completion of the journey.
Fortunately our tugs are well-armed as the loss of this shipment would be
devastating.  At the time of this report our forces were about to engage
the Klingons.  *Unresolved at this time*

*Space Boars #805:*  Knowing the devastation that can be caused by these
terrors, our carrier group was dispatched supported by the mauler STT
*Furminator*.  There was also a risk of Klingons making an appearance as
they are known to be fond of hunting space boars.  No Klingon ships
arrived, at least not before our forces had hunted the boars
themselves.  *Lyran
victory*

*Hostages #806: * We received weak intelligence that the Klingons were
planning a search-and-rescue mission for some kidnapped VIPs.  We don't
have any of their people so we gave the intelligence little credence and
nothing came of it.  *Scenario dropped*

*Banshees #807:  *A Kzinti Base Station came under attack by space
banshees.  We considered dispatching a ship to help ensure destruction of
the station but ultimately decided against it in light of our subterfuge
with the Klingons.  We are not yet strong enough to antagonize multiple
enemies- but that will change in time.  *Kzinti victory*

*Marine Rescue #808:  *I took charge of this mission myself in my flagship
Battlecruiser *Mittens.*  Maries were successfully rescued, no
Kziniti forces encountered.  *Lyran victory*

I will dispatch an update when we know the fate of our cargo tug.

Your faithful servant,
Admiral Flufferton
Duke of the Catnip Duchy
Captain of the flagship Battlecruiser *Mittens*
Household motto *“The catnip must flow”*