Dramatic SFB: Invasion Game

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Wed Apr 22 21:34:27 PDT 2020

FROM THE OFFICE OF INTERIOR SECURITY
TO THE PERSON OF THE SUB-PRESIDENT
RE: AGGRESSIVE RAIDS FROM THE ENTITIES CODENAMED HEMLOCK
DATED STARDATE 2758.6

Sir,
With the attack on our /Mithralis/ system and subsequent pursuit of the
De Gama, it is the strong opinion of this office that we prepare for an
increase in battles with this unknown species. We have seen a dramatic
increase in raids over the last year and current projections indicate
that if we do nothing, in half a year we will begin to lose a star
system a month.

###

/5 days later:/

The /RIS Havok/ was speeding along as fast as her captain dared to take
her. Two of them were giving chase, both smaller than her, but having
lightly damaged her in the brief confrontation they engaged in half an
hour ago. Her return fire was neatly deflected by their odd shielding
technology and they were effectively undamaged.

Her captain realized that a standing battle would be catastrophic for
his ship. In finding data on the attackers, his science officer also
found standing orders that encounters are to be avoided and eyewitness
reports are a priority. So instead of a running battle or a
dive-and-surface encounter, the captain of the Havok decided to run for
the nearest communications relay. There to turn and fight, while
transmitting a real-time record of what could be his final encounter.

###

The year is Y176. The devastation across the octant seems to have
reached a fever pitch. But it has brought new technologies in it's wake
as empire-on-kingdom conflict continues to build.

More importantly, we mark that year as when our part of the galaxy
turned it's attention from eachother and instead we were swallowed up by
one from outside. An invasion was started then: One that was centuries
in the making. One we will remember for centuries to come.

#**#

#**#

First call for interested players. Please respond to matt at mattnet.org
with empire choices.

Information will be forthcoming in the next day or two on the campaign
format layout, but it will use the SFBDrama campaign software and
website. The campaign will be capped at 12 players, and may be capped at
8 players. Once started, no more will be admitted. Only one seat per
empire will be admitted. All empires allowed in other campaigns will be
allowed here with the exception of the Andromedan (R10.0), WYN (R14.0),
Seltorian (R15.0), and Jindarian (R16.0).