Dramatic SFB: Bording Combat

Matt matt at mattnet.org
Wed Jul 17 21:11:45 PDT 2019

> I have been looking and can't seem to find any chart that lists how
> many boarding parties can be held in each type of shuttle. I assume
> between the standard ADMIN, GAS, Heavy the quantity is different
> compared to how many can be sent via transporters.

Most of it is tied up in each shuttle's section-R description. But note:
(G9.143) Various other non-combat shuttles (e.g., the ground assault
shuttle) carry passengers by the same rules as administrative shuttles.
These are noted in their unit descriptions. The large heavy transport
shuttle (R1.F5) carries twice as many as the admin shuttle.

ADMIN:

(J2.211) An administrative shuttle, in its standard configuration, can
carry one crew unit (G9.14) or two boarding parties (D7.16). In an
emergency situation, it could carry twice this many people for short
trips, but would not be able to unload them into a combat situation.

MRS:

(J8.21) BASIC: ... 20 spaces of cargo, see (G25.132) Note that the MRS
has a crew of two individuals as its standard equipment; it carries the
same crew units (total) as an administrative shuttle. See (J2.211).

GAS:

(R1.F4B) Each GAS shuttle can carry two boarding parties into a combat
situation or four into a non-combat situation.

HTS:

(R1.F5A) Each HTS shuttle can carry four boarding parties into a combat
situation (G8.31) or eight into a non-combat situation (G8.32).
Alternatively, they can carry a ground vehicle and one boarding party
(in the GCV) into a combat or non-combat situation. They can also carry
cargo (G25.133) and passengers (G9.143).

MLS:

(R1.F6) ... The MLS is otherwise a slightly modified admin shuttle and
can carry cargo (G25.131) and passengers (G9.143).

GBS:

(R1.F10) ... It functions as (and is treated as) a GAS shuttle except
that it cannot carry personnel or cargo

And so on, down the list of (R1.F)