Dramatic SFB: Late War T4

Francois Lemay lemay.frank at rogers.com
Sun Mar 24 05:14:34 PDT 2019

 Couple comments to Randy's observations/opinions.
Re 1,  I disagree. I think the SFBOL client is a great tool that allows players from around the world to play in one forum !Its true there may be  a couple of hiccups but that is where pen and paper [ remember this ancient way of figuring things out ?] comes in to find a work around solution. Not a big deal at all ! Besides, I do not think any one can write a program that will cover every aspect [seen and unforeseen] of SFB situations. Impossible !!
Re 2,  I disagree again. The scenarios are drawn from a data base that Matt put together from official SFB scenarios with a couple of home grown add ins. To ensure the 'Eels ' show up in a rare event would most likely require a data base of 1000 scenarios or more ? That to me  is a bit unrealistic to build.
Re 3,  That is a RL thingy. My impossible play time is from Oct to Feb where I have to hire Captains to fight my battles. I am quite ok to do this as just like you, I enjoy being an Admiral ! Being an Admiral only though does require the Admiral to be pro active in hiring Captains to fight battles.
Re 4,  Couple campaigns ago we complained about the value of scenarios. I think it was folks did not like the dual income step as navies got too large quickly as a result and it was too difficult to protect/patrol these scenarios or was it too many scenarios that had Bank income losses vs EP income gains or perhaps the other way around ? Anyway, Matt did some adjustments, eliminated the Bank income results and put in more scenarios that had loss of borders to deal with. True, it did not work out but its not the campaigns fault. Matt is trying to satisfy every one's desire to have that perfect campaign format !
Re 5,  Agreed, PFs/Ints should not be considered an attrition unit. I suspect this would require Matt to make adjustments in each empire's data base. Far too time consuming I suspect !
Yea, that is also 5.
I will throw my hat into the ring to Captain for you when free time allows me.Hope you stay on !
CheersFrank