Dramatic SFB: how do you get electronic versions of the rule books?

Matthew matt at mattnet.org
Fri Mar 1 18:04:59 PST 2019

> I'm guessing you have electronic sfb rule books as you copy and paste
> the rules so quickly.

I went the hard route: Scanned and OCRd my entire collection (SSDs and
Rules). Then converted them to HTML format (with links). Was truck
driving, so had plenty of time for tedious "Spend an hour here
spellchecking and formatting", "Spend and hour there doing the same".
Set up scripts to handle the gross-adjustments on the images and to
convert bits of text into other bits of text.

The result is that I have most of the rules modules in a 75M zip file,
with all rules hyperlinked, searchable, and C&P-able. SSDs are about
325MB, in a printer-friendly format. All are downloadable and also
readable from computers not-not-my-own. Protected from very-casual
internet gurus, so I have DMCA cover. A very nice setup, if I say so myself.

The downside is that I am not truck driving now. New material is added
*very* slowly. Module C6 I got when it came out, has been integrated.
Module C4 and G3 I have had for about 2 years and both are not fully
integrated, but parts of both are.